There is nothing quite like seeing the Texas Tech University System Public Art Collection in person. If you are planning a visit to any of our campuses, we have several options available for you to explore the collection.
Guided Tour Options
To schedule a guided tour, please use this link to email us and complete the form in the body of the email. This will allow us to decide which tour would be best for your group. Guided tours must be scheduled at least two weeks in advance.
Guided tour options are currently only available on the Texas Tech University and TTU Health Sciences Center Lubbock campuses.
Art Cart Tours
Art Cart tours require minimum of 5 people and can have a maximum of 12. Art Cart tours are free, but a donation of $10 per person is welcome to aid in the upkeep of the Art Cart.
Those interested in a driving tour with a large group will be responsible for rental of tour bus or van. Tour guide will plan the route and communicate it to driver, then lead the tour for the group. Keep in mind buses of certain size cannot go to all locations on campus.
Walking Tours have a minimum of 5 people and a maximum of 50 people per guide. Keep in mind that campus is large; participants need to wear comfortable shoes and dress for the weather.
Self-Guided Tour Options
The ArTTrek app is a wonderful resource to utilize whether you are on one of the TTUS campuses or not. Much like this website, our app allows you to select pieces from our collection to view in more detail and find their location to aid in your visit when you are nearby and would like to see them in person.
ArTTrek mapping and information is available for any of the TTUS campuses.
With this app you can:
- Discover art nearby, utilizing your location services
- Create maps that will guide you to different artworks in the collection, whether traveling by foot, bike, or car
- View art using themed tours created in the app, or create your own tours.
- Favorite your pieces within the app so you can visit again and share with your friends.
- Play a “Da Vinci Code” style game to find art and challenge your friends to beat your time
- Utilize social media to post photos and comment on art that you visit
- Learn more about the art through videos of the artists themselves speaking about their work